Monday, July 6, 2009

YOU were fat?

Do you ever see those people that you know had weight loss surgery and if you didnt know they had WLS...you would never think they were ever fat?

Once I ran into a girl at Target who was banded at my hospital (I saw here in there one day getting a fill). If I hadn't known she was banded, I would have never been able to tell.

Do you ever wonder how many bandsters walk among us that we would never guess? Do you think one day people who meet us will never have been able to guess we were once fat?

5 comments:

  1. I think about this all the time! Expecially at work. There is one lady who comes in all the time now and I remember when she first came in she said that she had recently lost a ton of weight really quickly and bought a crazy amount of clothes(a whole rack). I always wonder if she had surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder that sometimes...there are alot of people at my work that have had it because our insurance is awesome and I just wonder who has!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder too... but hopefully we'll all be loud enough about it to be a resource for those people who are looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought-provoking post. I totally wonder how weird that would be . . to have someone look at me in total disbelief and say "I just can't imagine you being overweight!"

    Well, I've still got about 25-30 lbs to get used to that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just was banded on July 3, 2009 and told nobody but my husband and family. I also told two best friends. I just want people to look at me and say she must of worked hard because if is still lot of work.

    ReplyDelete