Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lose A Pound, Raise You 2 Dollars

After surgery I got a wonderful card from my mom, telling me how proud she is of me, etc. She also said that for every pound I lost up til my birthday, she would give me $2 . Then I thought that instead of presents for my 20-10 birthday (Sept. 8th), I would love for my family to go on a cruise! So...as you know...we are going on a cruise Sept. 3rd. I didnt think that the deal from my mom would still stand, until last night. I told her that I was up to 81 pounds, and she said "I owe you $162 so far." I told her she didnt owe me anything, since my present was them going on a cruise...she said no...she is still paying me.

Now who I am I to argue?

I love my parents!

6 comments:

  1. my mom promised to help me buy clothes along the way. from the sound of things i am going to need all the help i can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that your mom is doing that for you!!! My grandmother paid for all the out of pocket expences that my insurance didnt cover which was about 1000 bucks including copays for my 6 month weightloss trial. and then she bought me 2 pairs of pants for hitting my 50lbs goal, and she said when I get down to goal she will buy me a new wordrobe!!! shes awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good deal! Once upon a time, far, far ago, my dad offered me $10 per pound. Unfortunately that was seriously over 20 years ago so the offer doesn't stand. But there was other crap tied to it, so this sounds like a much better deal!

    Congrats - enjoy every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMM... I smell a designer purse down payment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me think that maybe I should tell my parents, you think? I want to wait til it's done and I've recovered and it's too late for all the 'diet and exercise' works for most people. They are judgemental, just 'old school' where everyone buys things with cash and good old hard work will get you where you need to be. I guess i just don't want them to think this is an easy way out. They will be happy and proud of me when I'm healthier and that's the goal. You could parlay that present into some BIG money gambling on a cruise ship, Amy! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOPs, they are NOT judgemental...sorry mom and dad! :)

    ReplyDelete