Monday, August 3, 2009

Dinner Tonight

I thought we would try something different for dinner tonight. My original thought was chicken Alfredo, but I stumbled across this in my search.


Sundried tomato sauce.

The rest goes like this.

I put some EVOO in a skillet. Threw in some diced garlic and chopped sundried tomatoes. Tossed in my raw chicken breast, all cubed up very nicely. Cooked it all until the chicken was done. Poured in the sauce and some chopped cooked carrots (bc I dont really like carrots and this way you cant taste them but I am getting a veggie). I let that simmer while I cooked the whole wheat egg noodles. Then I just combined all of it and YUM YUM!

I was so excited you should have seen how much I put on my plate...lol...I couldnt eat it all...but I was going to die trying.

Just wanted to share.

NOM

9 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooh, I will have to try this! It sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that sauce in my dinner too! Only mine wasn't as healthy as yours...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound super good. I love alfredo! Did you know Olive Garden offers the fett alfredo w/ wheat pasta if you get it off the kids menu. Weird! b/c they won't do wheat noodles for a regular order. Stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I guess adults are just a lost cause. There's still hope for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ironic since we are talking about food here--I just had to enter Ovent (close to oven) to post that. I had to enter bootee, the thing I need to lose more of, when posting yesterday on another band-related site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - that sounds GREAT! Hey... in my move to the new job, I lost your email address... send me your home address to sarah-fogler@comcast.net and I'll mail you my LB4 jeans... new work email is sfogler@richmonddiocese.org too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmmm, pictures required next time you're so creative!!! i love pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy, i think i'm going to eat a corn dog tonight! waa-whaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds good, but how much fat/sugar is in a serving? I've been uber sensitive to those lately.

    I made a taco casserole with a cheesy suthun' cornbread on top for the rest of the fam tonight, and I was dying to have some. It smelled way too good. Instead...I'm sitting here eating chip dip minus the chips. FF cream cheese, chipped beef, & scallions. Meh.

    ReplyDelete