Truth be know, my last fill almost 2 weeks ago has left me a little too tight. I have not had the acid reflux like Loosing in 2009 or anything near as horrible as Sarah, but it's tight ladies and I wanted to mention it just for educational purposes.
My last fill put me oh...about 4ccs in a 10ish cc band. I had a pretty good restriction before the fill, but it had loosened up and I could definitely eat about 2 cups of food...so it was time. But I think I bypassed the sweet spot!
I can't eat much in the way of solid protein, fruits, or veggies. Sometimes I can eat a little protein. For example, I made some juicy pulled bbq chicken and managed to eat it for lunch...about 1/2 a cup. But when I tried to eat it the night before for dinner...stuck. I have tried several times to eat this casserole I made with ground beef, veggies, mushroom soup etc....stuck. A few grapes today...stuck. A little pasta...stuck. I am eating slow and little bites. I have spoken to some bandsters on LBT that like to be really tight. Not so much for me. Here are the problems with being too tight:
1. It is so hard to eat healthy when the healthy stuff gets stuck. Most junk food gets stuck as well now, but things like ice cream, or applesauce, croutons, etc...do not equal nutrition. I still probably get around 1200 calories a day, but it now consists of crazing and less than great choices. Not cool.
2. Protein is slim. And I should be adding some shakes to make up for this.
3. I PB almost every day. And this is not good for my band, and honestly...it has become to easy or "normal". I sit down to eat, take a few bites and in less than 10 minutes I stand up, Tracey says "Sick?" I say yes and off I go to the bathroom.
4. Twice in the last two weeks I have been so desperate at dinner time to taste something real, that once I get that stuck feeling and know that it is going to come up...I shovel a couple
big mouthfuls just because I want to taste the damn food. I know it is going to make it worse, but if it is about to come up anyways...cant I get a few bites in? Slightly psychotic thought.
5. This isnt going to help the hair loss. Tracey thinks it is slowing bc there is less on
the bathroom floor, but that is because I work on it in the shower and watch it as it pretends to go down the drain. I know it doesnt really make it, and I am creating another "hair monster" that Tracey will have to put his plastic gloves on and pull out. Bless his heart.
With all that said, I will not be going in for an unfill (unless acid reflux starts up or the PBing doesnt stop).
What does this mean for the cruise? That has me a little worried. I am not bummed I can't pig out, but I dont want to be puking in my nice sparkly dress and heels ya know? I am going to hope for soups and great desserts!