Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pulmonary Pirates To Pillage and Plunder

I never told you what name I went with for my Heart Walk Team!  Thanks to one of your suggestions, and there were several...we are officially the Pulmonary Pirates.  I of course am beyond thrilled, bc all of us can wear eye patches during the walk...

and come on...

who doesn't love eye patches.

There was a heated debate over the word pulmonary though.  SOME of my team members said it refers to the lungs, but alas, there are pulmonary arteries that are in the heart or connect the heart to the lung...or something...so there!  Take that.

Thank you for those of you who have donated.  I have raised $230 dollars so far.  We have a goal of $500.  If you would still like to donate, the paypal widget is on the right side of my screen.  You can do as little or as much as you would like using Paypal.  If you click on the HeartWalk widget, you have to donate a minimum of $25.

Every little bit helps. 

Just think...instead of sending me birthday presents (um...my birthday is less than a month away), you can just give money to people who have hearts....which is all of us!  Of course, if you would like to donate AND send me a gift...

well who am I to refuse?

2 comments:

  1. yay! you are just a pinch away from the halfway mark on your goal! What is the deadline for donations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I am happy to contribute. Mostly because I love eye patches :)

    ReplyDelete