Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Day of Silence

For me, on this blog anyways.

For those of you who read Barbara's blog, you know that her husband has been battling Multiple Myeloma now for a very long time. He lost his battle yesterday.

I had the immense pleasure of meeting Barbara in Chicago. And though we didn't have a lot of time together, she managed to say some things to me, that although I had heard them before...really hit home. I believe that her words will play a part in changing my life. I have told her as much before.

It makes me very sad to think of the pain that she and her family are going through. My heart goes out to her.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely said Amy, she's a lovely woman. My heart goes out to here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy - have been thinking about her all night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was crying for her last night. This just breaks my heart. She is a beautiful person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to Barbara and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for her. So heart breaking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, me too. She said some things to me that I think about ALL the time. This just plain sucks.

    P.S. I just noticed that today marks your 2 year anniversary. Congratulations, lady!

    ReplyDelete