Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh The Scales Of Injustice

I have been a pretty good girl. Really I have. I, for the most part, have been eating right. Last week alone I worked out like a lunatic. I ran. I did cardio. I did two-a-days in circuit. One day I even ran, did circuit, and did circuit again later.

I havent been drinking my damn calories. I barely had any ice cream.

And yet my friends, the scale hates me. It just does. It however, LOVES the number 170. And that is what I have resigned myself to weighing for the rest of my life. There. I give up.

Okay, not really. Not yet anyways. I upped my cardio again this week. For the first time in my life, I ran 3 miles...without stopping. I am pretty proud of myself. You should know though, that I am an ugly runner. For example, at about one mile...the sweat starts. Bad, bad sweating. The red face cometh. At about 2 miles, I am sweating so much that Heather offered me her sleeve to wipe my head on (and muttered something about how it was so gross). At about this time, again, I will contribute it to the sweat now all over the treadmill, my earphones (and I just bought new ones that hook over the ear bc the crappy ones that come with the iPhone always fall out), well my new earphones start popping out.

And if there is ever a time when you DONT want to be without music, it's when you believe the treadmill is trying to kill you.

But I made it. In about 34 minutes. And then I went and did 45 minutes of circuit. I ran again this morning. 2 miles and then a mile at 15% incline fast walk. I will do circuit over lunch.

And we will see if the scale moves.

Blah.

It should be noted that the first week I lost 8 pounds. The second week I GAINED 3 back. So to all of the haters saying that I have an advantage with the band...I say...OOOOH REALLY? Because like I pointed out, mama can eat some crappy food and gain weight just as easy as anyone else. So I guess you could say that I lost those three pounds...and I am back to my eight pounds down.

Blah.

I was painting the master bedroom with weekend (which was previously occupied by our roommate who is no longer our roommate). It was a wretched red color. We have opted for a gray blue called Harmonious. Doesn't it make you just want to sing? The new furniture should be coming soon from Overstock. I am beyond excited.

Anywhoozle, Heather had picked up an extra shift at work to make money for new said purchases. Have I mentioned I love her? So I was wearing my sweats and sports bra to paint. I wouldnt do this if she was home, bc I would be too worried about what my stomach looked like when I was bent over. But then I walked by a mirror and thought..."Huh...not that bad".

PHOTO OP!
So carry on wayward soldiers. To hell with the scales (I dont mean it. I dont mean it scale Gods!). Happy Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You are lookin' hot!

    I love the color of that room, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome as always! The scale god is a selfish little bitch. I just know it. We are not on speaking terms this week.

    You are a workout fiend....I want to be like you when I grow up....if I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful and I love the color!!! Thanks for the VERY kind words - I needed them today!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a gross-looking runner too. :)

    You look fabulous in your pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you look great!! I wish I had the energy to work out that much. don't worry the scale god get us all in there grasp at one point or another. keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo lala! That's all I got to say bout that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look really great! and yes I love the color!!!!!!! Please, scale gods, have mercy on this woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking hott mama! Love the picture!! And the room looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sexy lady!

    Love the new color, love that you get the house to yourselves, love that the roommate/ex is gone! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smokin!!! Oh and the room color is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What room?... all I see is YOU! Stunning girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Va va VOOM. I turn ten shades of red too. Even if I'm in good shape. People ask, "Are you okay?" It's embarrassing, I guess I look like I'm 'bout to die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scale may hate you, but you are positively adorable! I have a feeling the scale will step in line soon, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I had your bod I wouldn't give a damn what the scale said.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so worried about getting stuck in the 170's forever. It sucks when you push so hard and the scale is still a bitch! haha

    Great photo! You are looking super sexy in your neon yellow/green sports bra! woo hoo!

    Not that you want to know all this...but I still remember the hubby and I were still in the first year or two of our relationship and me not wanting to take showers with him because I didn't want him to see my flabby ass. So I would literally walk backwards when I was naked so he couldn't see me. In fact, I don't think he saw my ass full on nude...in a lighted room for like 2 years and even then I was mortified!!! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay... I am in the EXACT same situation as you! I have been eating good... staying in a really good calorie range, cardio out the ass, and what does my scale say. 169.8. Seriously?! Last week I was 169! I am also super low on the vitamin D and started taking a suppliment this week. I am blaming the weight situation on that this week. I did eat a blizzard out of anger today... but then followed it with an hour of step aerobics. I will probably be 185 tomorrow. O drama! We will get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy..it will move be patient. and if not kill it with a baseball bat

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to look just like you when I grow up.. LOL.. You look great..

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOU GO GIRL! When I get to that point - I am SO going to flaunt a bikini.

    I also nominated you for an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every time I go to this blog I get so motivated...I want my success story to be just like yours! You look fantastic.

    I think the scale not moving could be due in part to the exercise increase! *le sigh* I wish my scale would stop at 170! I'd take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing congrats Amy, I'm so jealous of those abs. Its ok, I have my Skinny B*#%& In Progress team on board now to get me there too. :-}

    ReplyDelete