Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You asked. I give.

Awhile back I was talking about how I don't really like cottage cheese, but had eaten and then made, a cottage cheese taco dip. I made it again for Superbowl. I don't think I ever shared the recipe. This is pretty basic. You can add whatever you want for the toppings. Enjoy!

COTTAGE CHEESE TACO DIP

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. cottage cheese, small curd
1 env. taco seasoning mix
1 (8 oz.) jar salsa
Shredded lettuce
1 tomatoes, chopped
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded

Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese and taco seasoning mix in bowl; mix well. Spread on large serving dish. Chill for several hours. Layer salsa, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese over mixture. Serve with favorite dipping chips.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. :) Gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my geez, I am literally salivating! I love CHEESE!!! mmmmm yummm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I did a search on your blog for breakfast and it looks like you are able to eat whatever you want. My band is tight all morning and sometimes even until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I envy your ability to eat in the morning as I am still hungry even though things don't go down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really yummy. I think Anonymous might have her band too tight if she can't eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Hope she will be alright.

    ReplyDelete