Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Amy's Got A Gun

While a good number of you were living like high class ladies (well, perhaps...not ladies, bc I have seen some pictures that may indicate otherwise) in Chicago, I was hunting birds.  That's right.  I am a bird hunter.  It's dove season.  Poor little symbols of peace.  Not to fear though...only one dove lost it's life due to my hunting prowess, and yes...I ate it for dinner.  I will go out on a limb (bahaha....bird pun) and say that many of you have not eaten dove...because I had not ever partaken myself.  Well, it's a lot of work to shoot those suckers, and you only can eat the breast, which is about 2 ounces...maybe.  And it's kinda gamey.  So, I won't be shooting said doves anymore.  Because I hunt to eat people....mmmkay?  In fact, this pretty little bovine below was just about 5 feet from me most of the time, giving me the stink eye...and I decided I would rather be a cow hunter or chicken hunter...because at least I could ENJOY the food part.

That's me.  Don't I look like an official hunter?

Heather and her dad....Rusty.  Heather is blind as a bat these days, and refuses to get her eyes checked...so she spent most of the time shooting clouds.  Or butterflies that she thought were birds.
This is our new gun.  Its a camo shotgun and not only is it our FIRST family gun, it's hot. I am jealous of it myself and I own it.  I am shooting clay pigeons here.  Or trying to shoot them...
This is Henry and Heather's dog (the other Heather), Dixie.  I mean...come on. How cute is she?
Fisher took me on a four wheeling adventure on Sunday.  The four wheeler would only go into first gear...otherwise I dont ride with Fisher...he is frightening.
It was a great weekend.  We havent been to Defuniak since early June bc we have been busy, or they have been busy, or we have been broke, or out of town.  But now that hunting season is starting, and we are armed...and because we missed them so much...we are going to be up there more often.

To get my hunting license, I have to take a hunting course....that children can take as well.  that will be good fun!  I get to shoot a shotgun, a rifle, a hand gun and a bow and arrow!   You guys wanna come?

I had to stay off facebook this weekend as much as possible because all the Chicago updates were killin me.  Killing me smalls.  Maybe next year.  Or why dont you all come and visit me?  Sounds good.


15 comments:

  1. Man, I do love me some guns. I feel you on the doves, though. My family has the strict "you kill it, you better eat it" rule ('cept if you hit it with the truck-- then it's animal specific, I mean, I ain't eating a possum for NOBODY!!) I have never had wild fowl that wasn't gamey as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to cry thinking about all of those poor clay pigeons that lost their innocent lives because of you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Maine and hunting season is in full force.... No matter where you go you see the Sate color... neon orange. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do clay doves taste as gamey as regular doves?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed your pretty face in Chicago...yes, next year for sure. PS: the gun look on you is kinda hot. work it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you eat the dove heart? I love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We missed you so much! Next year you absolutely must be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a gun too! But it's a hand gun, a sig sauer. I have to agree though, you do make shooting look sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing! Maybe one day I'll shoot a gun? ...Nope, not likely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed you in Chicago, it wasn't the same without you. Maybe, I will see you soon... *M*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun! But I don't think I could shoot an animal - dove, chicken or cow. Hubby keeps trying to get me to learn to shoot. Maybe I'll stop resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need my hunting license too. We should go together. What torture for the other people in the class. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great gun pics! Totally wished you would have been with us. We sure did miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very good with a gun! You are a true badass and I love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so beautifully tough! In a white-trash sort of way....it's ok, I can say it. I come from white trash.

    ReplyDelete