Thursday, November 10, 2011

Picture Time!

Thought I would share some of the goings-ons with you from the past couple of weeks.  We are entering the "Pale Months" as I like to call them here in Florida...you know...where it gets just a little too cool to sunbathe but still so humid that you have to turn your fan on high while putting up your Christmas tree.

A few weeks ago I was able to spend a Friday working at the navy base here.  We were cooking out for some of the workers who staff the food service and janitorial areas out at the base.  It was a really fun day.  In case you don't know it, I am a master griller.  I suppose one of the few things that makes me butch...that and my lady nuts.  But I know how to turn some hotdogs and flip some burgers mmmmkay?

That's my main man and coworker Rusty. He is camera shy. Much like myself.

This is me (duh) and my other main man, Dennis.  He's important people.  We were at a Breast Cancer walk.
For those of you who didnt see it on Facebook, 3 weeks ago, whilst playing the very dangerous game of co-ed slow pitch softball, Heather caught a pop-fly....with her face.  I was playing catcher, she was playing second.  And bc she is blind, and hardheaded, and needs glasses, she misjudged the ball.  When it hit her it made the worst sound.  She bent over and cupped her eye and when she moved her hand away...blood was pouring on the field.  So a trip to the ER and a cat scan later, she looked like this:


She is looking better now.  Just a bloody eyeball remains.  She will be going for her vision check up soon. 

And that's about it for picture time.  Oooh.  How about a few pet pics?  Kitty and Honey May are madly in love.  Honey May is our younger bulldog and can't ever get the crotchety old boys to spoon with her. 




11 comments:

  1. Well I was going to say how cute you are and love the pictures until I saw Heather! All I can say is OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SImilar comment to Speck :) You look cute, your men look cute...your main gal...eeek....someone needs to introduce her to her hand and mitt :)...looks totally painful!!

    the kitty and bull dog pics are sooo adorable.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Heather, my goodness that had to hurt!! I hope her vision checks out just fine. I love all your photos (one of the many things I love about your blog) but the last two are just melting my heart. True animal love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... Heather's beautiful Blues! Brutal! Honey May and Kitty... Adorable! You... Spectacular! I hope Heather can still see you smile that brings sunshine to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic makes MY eye hurt! Youch!

    Cutest pet pics EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heathers picture made my heart hurt. But I love your cuddling animals! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog and cat are too cute....Heather's picture should come with a warning! OUCH! BTW I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy hell!! She didn't hit by the ball she was assaulted!. I caught a ball with my face at a minor league game while in the crowd was not even close to Heathers!. I hope she feels better and presses charges on that soft ball

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW: I love your hair, I hope Heather is feeling better and her sight is okay, and the pets are just too adorable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are awesome.. but yikes Heather's poor eye.. but GREAT MAKEUP JOB.. hugs

    ReplyDelete