Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What I Am Eating For Breakfast


Over the last couple of weeks I have really been trying to focus on eating a healthy breakfast. For me, that means a breakfast with protein. For two weeks, I have been having a Special K Protein Bar. It has 170 calories and 11 grams of protein. It has enough sugar in it to make it enjoyable.

This week I am switching it up a little. I am currently enjoying the new 100 calorie Athenos Greek Yogurts that come with fruit you mix it. I add 1/3 cup of granola with it. It is actually very good!



The cereal is cinnamon raisin and has 7o calories for 1/3 cup.

OH. And I did cook, and eat, the tilapia last night. It was still a little fishy and I had to really focus on eating it. I only ate about 2-3 ounces. Not because I was full, but because I started making myself sick thinking about the fact that it was fish.

Heather liked it though. We had a side of quiona (well, she did bc I don't like it) and steamed broccoli. Remember, up until a few months ago, I had never had broccoli. I actually am learning to enjoy it.

Tonight we are going meat free for dinner. We are going to start doing this at least once a week. Tonight we are having pasta and peppers. I dice up a green, red, and yellow pepper and saute them for about 5 minutes. Then I add a can (don't drain) of diced tomatoes. You can use whatever pasta you like (make sure it's whole wheat) and mix it all together with some shredded mozzarella. I usually put sliced turkey sausage in as well...but that wouldn't really work now would it...seeing as how we are supposed to be meat free!

Happy Tuesday bug-a-boos.

11 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting to see what other people eat. I can't eat protein bars in the morning so usually stick with protein shake or greek yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds yummy!! I also really like the south beach protein bars, though not for breakfast anymore.

    And it sounds like last night was meat free too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, the pasta sounds amazing. I've been trying to go meatless once a week for the past year and it's interesting what all I can come up with. :)

    Thanks for the recommendations on stuff to eat for breakfast. I've been looking for a protein bar that I can actually enjoy. I'm sick of one with 20 g of protein and they taste like cardboard. Buh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the fish was too fishy. I was hoping you'd enjoy it but I'm sure proud of you for trying. A lot of people won't...

    If you want another meatless option, we made a yummy soup on Sunday that we want to make ALL THE TIME now. Pasta fagiole without the pasta. We did add sausage to ours, but it's supposed to be meatless. It was so yum! Let me know if you want the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like fish and I'm not a fan of tilapia. I like to use salmon or cod. they have a much less fishy flavor to them.

    For the meatless dinner thing we make a meatless chili and add mushroom in instead. they feel really meaty and the chili is only about 160cals per serving. very filling :) let me know if you want the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooling..... it all sounds yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those special k bars too. I don't have one often but sometimes they hit the spot. Love Greek yogurt all of the sudden. I love the fact that it isn't so darn sweet! I love seafood but sometimes have issues with fish. Cod is yummy and so is sea bass and grouper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pasta dish sounds muy yummy-o! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Protein bars have been my saving grace...breakfast, lunch, snack...you name it. The pasta dish sounds super yummy but I would keep the turkey (I'm just carnivorous like that).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those protein bars look yummy - like a candy bar! I might get me some of those!

    There are many yummy meat-replacement foods that contain lots of protein and are available pretty much anywhere. I like the Morningstar Farms products. There are "chicken" strips and nuggets, sausage patties & links, "facon" (faux bacon). There are also grilled "chicken" patties which might be good in your dish, but those aren't my favorite.

    It is easy to make meat-free Mexican dishes (fajitas, burritos, tacos, etc.). I realize you didn't ask for ideas, but since I'm a vegetarian I always feel like I have to throw out my two cents. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds super yum! Makin me hungry!

    ReplyDelete