Friday, February 11, 2011

Motorboat

One of the joys about being a senior blogger (yes, two years plus earns you this title), is that you can go back in time and see where you were last year at this time, or the year before. So I did. And this is what I found.

Exhibit A.


This was from February 2009. I had just started walking at this time to get over my first month post-surgery plateau. For the newbies, when you go from eating practically nothing thanks to the pre and post op liquid diet to mushies and real food again...the scale may stall. You can jumpstart it again but adding in some exercise. Novel thought yes?

Look at my cute little cankles. And my cute dad. Anyways, it was interesting to read about how walking 1.5 miles was a challenge for me. How it hurt. How proud I was of doing it. And I should have been. Because it was hard for me. And now, I can run 3 miles. And it's hard. And I am proud of myself. I would have liked to tell the girl in that picture,"psst...this is the beginning of something amazing". But I think she already knew that.



And here I am last year. This is a picture from my "tantrum episode". I was apparently throwing a fit about my fellow bandsters leaving me behind in the 200's. I was trying to break into onderland. And I was struggling.



And now here I am, 170 pounds and struggling to lose a little more. Be grateful Amy. Be Grateful.



This Weeks Goals and how I did yesterday:


--Water. At least 100 ounces. (yes)--

No soda. (okay. I am taking this one away. I just can't commit. I will drink LESS pop and it can not interfere with my water goal)

--No snacking out of boredom or out of want. If I am hungry in between meals, I can choose a healthy snack. (Achieved)

--Wear my heartrate monitor during workouts. Record my calories out. (Check and check).

--Keep a food journal. (Yes.)

--Be present in my eating. (Yes.)

--More cardio. (Yes).

Today, because I will have a little time to kill while waiting for Heather to get off work (we carpool...GO EARTH!), I am going to go workout and do straight up cardio. My plan is to not stop until I burn 1000 calories.

Amen.

21 comments:

  1. I love how far you've come. Always an inspiration.

    And I love that you are being real about the soda. Makes me feel better about my inability to give it up, too. I can back off...but I can't give it up. It's a choice I'm willing to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...I just love you so much. Your my shero!! And your cankles were cute. LOL

    Running 3 miles is serious business. One day I will meet you there. LOL

    Good job on sticking to your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have come so far! Inspiring us newbies for sure! Spanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I remember that first picture, I'm so inspired by all of your blogs, Amy. :)

    Awesome job on hitting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowser - 1000 cals is a kickass goal! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am proud of my 500...I might have to step it up a bit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, talk about a transformation! you have done fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a Superstar. But the best thing is that you are human and you show us that you are human. So it makes us all think that we can be Superstars someday too. I heart you, Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! You are such an inspiration, I love that there is a long history of your blog to read, too. For someone like me (1 month post-op today!), it is really cool to read both your initial experiences as well as how it turns out happily ever after. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Go Aim Go! Aim High... It's a play on words but it's still supportive in a cheerleading kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It's so amazing to see how far you've come since 2009! It's hard to believe that was just 2 short years ago! And you are so kickin' butt on the cardio!!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1000?!? What does that take? Two hours?! You go. I jumped in a bouncy house today with my two year old. I wonder what that's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love this post. In my mind you've been skinny and little FOREVER. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I worked out for almost 2 hours a couple of weeks ago and burned 1500 calories and it literally almost killed me! I was having palpitations. But it sure felt awesome!

    Way to go Amy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG. How long would it take to burn 1000 cals?? Im happy when I burn 350. And that takes me like an hour on the eliptical

    ReplyDelete
  16. I needed to see this. I feel hopeless lately and I feel like its b/c of my poor attitude. Its nice to know that someone successful like you has times like these too and to see where you've come from makes me realize I can do this. I just have to do what I don't want to do. I need to get over it and get going. Thanks - PS. its too bad you can't get a Mirena IUD. I think Dr's want you to be done having children - although my single friend does have one. But she IS over 40. Anyway, I"m not recommending it as a contraceptive, but b/c it means you only get your period 4x per year. I love it - so much less PMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always.. a great post from you! Fantastic looks back - I love it. And wowzer on the 1,000 cal - I hope you made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing the differences in you over the years :o) & looking at that first photo, you can tell she knew she was at the start of great journey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look how far you have come!! It is so fun to look back and see where we were 1 year ago, 2 years ago...makes up grateful for where we are today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You KNOW you motivate all of us...and now YOU are the one I hate because you're in onederland and I'm still months away :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1000 Calories in a day. Damm girl, get it!

    ReplyDelete