Friday, March 5, 2010

Put It In Words

So I have been giving a lot of thought to being happy with my weight loss. That didn't come out right. I cannot even put into words how awesome I feel about how far I have come. I am extremely happy with my weight loss. I really wouldnt change a thing. What I meant to say is I have been giving a lot of thought about appreciating the moment instead of longing for the future.

All this thought has led to a recommendation for those of you at the very beginning of your journey.

Put into words how you will feel when you reach ______ (fill in the blank). How happy will you be when you are a size ____. Or weigh _____.

I remember when I first started at 327 and a size 28. When I would read about those who were "only" 230 I would think "Man, I would LOVE to be 230". Or when I read about Catherine or Mary or Angie getting to a size 16, I would think "I can't wait to be a size 16". But what happens is you forget how much you longed for such things and once you get there, you long for more.

So write it down. Put it on your blog or in your journal. Make a video. So when you do get to that number or size, you remember that once you were very envious of those numbers.

This has been helping me the last couple of weeks. When I start to think "Damn, arent I a size 14 yet?"...or "When will onederland ever come?"...I say SHUSH YOUR MOUTH AMY! You are a rockin size 16! Live in the moment sassy pants. Live in the moment!

And those are my words of wisdom for the week! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My laptop is on the fritz at home. Sigh. And my camera is on the fritz. Sigh. And all this talk of the WW scale makes me want a new one. Sigh.

If anyone sees the money fairy, please send her my way! LOL!

Happy banding lappers!

20 comments:

  1. Ok than, I'm putting it in writing....I want to have the wisdom of Amy and if I can do 1/2 of what she has done, I will be a happy mama!

    Once again, as a newbie, I thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for an award. See my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just experienced this last month when I saw my surgeon for my 9 month post-op appointment. I started at 326, size 28 as well, and I had told the office manager that my "happy" weight would be anything under 210. At my appointment, she asked me again, and I said 175. She told me I had already exceeded my first goal (I hadn't remembered that) and I'm not happy with my current weight (SOOOOOO close to onderland). I think it's good that we set realistic goals for ourselves, but I'm not obsessing over them. I'm enjoying the experience and living life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. You and I are both are in size 16's now and there are totally days where I'm like dammit I want to be in like 12's (and see 19X) on the scale. But, I too have been feeling pretty good about what I've accomplished so far and by no means am I settling at 90 pounds down, but I'm happy with what I've gotten so far and am excited for what is to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy for the smack in the head! You are so right about living in the moment & appreciating the accomplishments each one of us has made thus far in our journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for the newbies!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you mean! I will definitely keep that in mind when I am at your size, because I would LOVE to be a size 16! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO RIGHT AGAIN Amy, AWESOME POINTS!!! So true... so true... In fact, as thrilled as I was this morning with reaching 199, my 2nd reaction was "199 looks like this?"... WTF?!?!? But I was thankfully able to readjust VERY QUICKLY and say - you go girl! You DID it... below 200. And although I am quite sure I'll be yo-yoing between 199 and 200 for the next week or so, I KNOW I can do it and how much I've wanted it. Thanks. And I'll see if I can tell the money fairy where to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to be a size 16!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent points, Sassy Pants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The money fairy always gets stuck in Canada. At least that's what we tell Liv when the Tooth Fairy is late on arrival. Customs and such. ;)

    Glad to see you appreciating you for you, Miss Sassy Pants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen Amy!! You are so right! We always forget how happy we thought we would be, once we reached a certain goal, only thinking at that time that it would be better to be....

    Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Check it out on my blog!!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Live in the moment is the perfect saying. I feel like that too. Sometimes I think I'm so close to goal but if I stayed right here, right now where I am weight wise.. it wouldn't be the end of the earth. Just embrace where you are now, Ames.. you are looking bloody amazing and have so much to be proud of. The rest of the weight will go - it's just the nitty gritty end of things and it's taking longer. (Sigh.. wouldn't it be fab if we didn't have to worry about this?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, will you move to Corpus Christi and be my life coach? I just adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! And like Alexis said, appreciating is not settling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reminder. I remember reaching 212 and being ecstatic...

    It pays to remember the early days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post says it all!!! I remember when I started around 295lbs, I use to say I would love to be 200lbs, or If I were 180lbs again I would be satisfied. Nope not true I hover between 175-180lbs, and am I happy no!! I keep saying how I will be happy when I get to the 160's, but I'm sure I'll complain even then. I'm going to take your advice and live in the now!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots to reflect on there...thanks

    ReplyDelete