The second thing about this picture is my BOOBIES! WOWZA they look perky don't they? Trust me ladies, inside that perky bra are my balloon boobies. They are just held up.
I posted this picture because I wanted to talk about a few things and answer a few questions that you guys have asked me.
One comment I get a lot (and REALLY enjoy), is "You don't look like a size __ [insert whatever size I am at]. I know what people mean when they say that and it kinda makes me giggle...bc clearly I am that size ya know? And it is dangerous to compare bc we are all shaped different. Pear shaped, pencil, spoon, hour glass. I just got lucky with my shape. But a big reason I think that I look "smaller" than what people think my size should look like is because I dress my curves. Look at that shirt. Now that is an XL from Target and it fits snug. But it shows off my body. I do not hide behind my clothes. I actually think that hiding behind your clothes can make you appear bigger than you are.
In all my blogging I rarely give fashion advice. I think I hesitate bc fashion is so subjective and I do not want to offend anyone. So if you could care less what this girl from Kansas thinks about fashion...you can skip to the next section and I will still love you (in fact I will never know). But here are some of my rules:
- Just because you can zip it, doesn't mean you should wear it. I know that we are all rushing to that next size...but a muffin top usually means your pants are too tight. It's okay to go with a size that fits you NOW.
- I don't wear tops, sweaters, cardigans that go below my butt. The longest top I own is a purple cardigan that hits my mid butt. Adding material to your hips and butt area, usually your widest area...helps no one. It usually makes you look wider.
- I don't wear capris. I take that back. I wear workout pants in capri length, and have owned a casual cargo capri...BUT, I do not wear work capri's. I have stubby legs and when you wear capri's, they cut your leg off. I need all the length I can get.
- I buy my shirts so they fit. That doesn't mean skin tight, but it does mean you can see my shape. I like my shape. And when you like your shape...others might catch on.
- I try to remember that just because something is "on trend" doesn't mean I should buy it and wear it. Skinny jeans for example. Not for this girl.
- My jeans and slacks are always bootcut or straight leg. A tapered leg, like on the traditional "mom jean" make the eye see a really wide ass and narrow ankles. Not good.
- Dresses. Wrap dresses are a gift from Heaven. They show off the smallest part of my body (right under my boobies), and float away. Perfection. They are also great for us losing weight bc you can get a lot of wear out of them.
So that is about it. I ask myself: Does this do anything GOOD for my body shape? And if the only answer is...Yes, it HIDES it...that doesn't count. But regardless of what I think, if you happen to like tapered pants, big sweaters, etc...and you love yourself in them...well then that is all that matters!
A couple of posts ago, Anonymous asked me what I thought about plastic surgery. *side note...do you guys get nervous when you see you have a post from "Anonymous"? I am always afraid it is going to be something bad.*
I am all about a lift, tuck, suck. (sounds dirty) I just don't know if I will be able to afford it. At least not for a couple of years. Unless things start going REAL bad REAL quick, the first thing I will address are the chi-chi's. I want my girls perky and full. Then either the tummy or the inner thighs. So yes...someday maybe I will get some work done.
Fear of Gaining It All Back
Yikers. For any of you still with me at this point, I wanted to talk briefly (YES I KNOW WHAT BRIEFLY MEANS) about that fear we all have. That fear of what if this doesn't work? What if I fail? What if I lose all this weight and gain it all back?
You know what. I don't know when it changed for me, but I don't worry so much about this anymore. While life is truly unpredictable, short of a tragedy...I do not think I will ever weigh 327 again. Now maybe I will get to my lowest point and then gain a little back, but I think that with my knowledge of food, life, exercise, health, and everything the band has given me over this past year...I don't think I could let that happen again.
I am at a peaceful place inside with that fear these days. I also do not go into doom and gloom mode when I go full out wonk with my eating. I know that when I am eating every naughty food in sight, that it is temporary. And that I will eventually stop and regain focus.
xoxo-Ames, Amikins, Amesters