Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Musings

Thank you ladies (and fat bastard) for all your kind words yesterday on my post!

I realized it has been awhile since I have shared random Amy thoughts with you...so I figured what better day to brain dump then this beautiful Monday?

1. Have you ever wondered why they make Band-Aids so hard to open? I realized how silly this was while I was bleeding out the other day from my thumb injury. I mean, it is a band-aid. You usually need them in quick fashion. Jeesh.

2. I do realize that by saying band-aids are hard to open, Zara will probably do a video for me showing me that they are in fact, rather simple.

3. I want to know they don't have adult tee ball leagues. I miss tee ball. I mean, actually hitting the ball without a tee is a tad bit overrated don't you think? It makes me have flashbacks to when my dad would coach me as a kid. "Just keep your eye on the ball Amy"!!!!!



Cute kid huh? I don't know who he is, but the point is...that could be me! IF there was an adult tee ball league.

4. Speaking of sports I played as I child, let us briefly speak of my inability to make a simple basket in the overwhelmingly hard game of basketball. I was playing around in the gym on Friday before bootcamp and it took me...I kid you not...at least 10 minutes to make one shot from the free throw line.


5. Who watched the Oscars last night? We need to talk. You see, EVERY time I watch the Oscars, the show runs over. Last night it was on until 11pm, and that is late for grandma (aka me). Pappy (aka Tracey) was long gone, snoring not so softly beside me. And it sucks bc by the time they get to the end of the show, where the awards are that 98% of the population actually care about, they have to cut everything short. Perhaps we didnt need street dancers to dance for 5 minutes to the original score nominees? I am just saying.


6. With all this weight loss, my boobs are a fright. When I catch a glimpse of them when I am bent over....well...I have been trying to think of a good comparison. Think of when you have a water balloon and it's too heavy for its own good...and it stretches reallllllly far down. Not good friends. Not good. This man's face pretty much sums it up.


7. This morning I stepped on Mr. Scale and guess what it said? 199.5! I stepped off. I stepped on. 199.5! Tracey said "give me some good news"...I said 199.5! We hugged. I trotted off to the shower. After I showered and dried my hair (you know wet hair weighs like 27 pounds), I stepped back on with my camera in hand. 200.0 Really? So off I step. On I step. 200.0! I took off my bra thinking maybe the poor thing weighed .5 pounds. Nope...still 200.0 So, I can't make it official yet! But hang with me because it will happen :) Next time I will have my camera the first time I step on the scale! Lesson learned!

8. So this is my theory. I think you will like it. During the time I took an extra long shower, my skin absorbed .5 pounds in water! Like a sponge. DUH! Sooooo...yeah. There you have it! lol



28 comments:

  1. Amy..your boob analogy has me thinking about an issue I don't beleive you have posted about (hard to imagine I know lol). Have you considered once you are confortable losing weight looking into plastic curgery? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know I know...never content where we are...always wanting more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boob comparison, and even though my tata's are relatively teensy for a plussie, they sag too. (Nursing babies doesn't help the cause.)

    I recommend looking into a kickball league.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! the pic of the boob/aka water balloon.. I can relate to!!! My just hang low these days and I've still got a loooooonnnnnngggg way to go. Yay for seeing 199.5!!! I think you should totally count it and for sure, all that water that absorbed into your skin is for sure the reason you went up .5 again!!! :)
    Yes to watching the Oscars. One of the major benefits of living on the "West Side" of the US is that for awards shows, they actually do end early, like at 9:30ish.. and I was in bed at a reasonable hour!! but you are totally right.. why did we need to see the dancing bit?? wierd!!!
    Tee-Ball for adults would be SAWEEETTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid water - it ways so much!

    I totally agree with the whole dancing thing - really not necessary. It really sucks that the big categories get shortened and they can't have their full moment in the sun.

    As for staying up - I could not make it past 11:00! I saw the recaps today - I am okay with that! My ass is dragging right now and I only stayed up one hour past my old lady bedtime, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for being down...even without the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO at that pic. I have the same problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay 199.5! I can't wait to see the pictures.... and my boobs look like tube socks with a tennis ball in the end... that is a visual, huh?!?!? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I actually think you are at 199. I mean, .5 lbs for water and .5 lbs for the bra - come on. We all know bra's are ridiculous! And when you got off the scale to dry your hair - some of the water stayed behind, so it didn't really matter that you dried your hair!

    :)

    That pic is perfect. I already have one fake boob and I plan to make both fake (and perky) once the weightloss is done and the kids have been fed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always say it's like a really long tube sock with a bowling ball in the bottom of it. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the analogy with the balloon and the boobs!! Only mine look worse than that!! Mine look more like a softball hanging low in a longgg sock!! LOL

    I forgot to watch the Oscars last night, but I would not have had any problems staying up late enough to see the end. You see, I am usually up until AT LEAST 3:30 am these days!!!!

    But I do agree with you on the dancing! I love dancing, but hey, this is the Oscars, who wants to watch 20 minutes (I'm exaggerating of course) of dancing, only to have the winners having to cut their acceptance speeches?

    I too believe that since you got the same weight twice BEFORE the shower, you should count it. In fact, I always weight myself before I shower!! You hit onederland this morning!! I am sure that tomorrow it will be official, even in your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you have me busting a gut at my desk. I sent you a email too. You will be officially at 199.9 in no time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the boob picture! Too FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummm...just in case you are as dumb as me, which I'm sure you're not...did you have the camera in hand when you got on the scale? It took me awhile to realize the camera weighs over a pound (I put it nearby and then got on without it...walla...weight loss). OK, stop laughing, I know I'm slow! Comon' Onederland!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally count it! You are now in onderland my friend! Doesn't it feel glorious?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never, ever weigh AFTER a shower. Someone once told me that when you shower, some water is absorbed through your pores! I swear, I was told this. Whether its true or not, I never weigh after a shower. Just sayin'.

    But anyway, congrats to you! If you get on and off more than once and its the same, it counts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree - you definitely absorbed .5 lbs in water! Damn water! Messing up a perfectly good picture opportunity. Can't wait to see the re-enactment picture tomorrow. Maybe it will even be 199 even! :-)
    Tee ball for adults - that would be awesome! My town has a adult softball league, but I'm concerned with my ability to hit the ball as well. A tee would be so helpful! My balance and coordination are a trifle lacking at times. Basketball is not even an option. Though being pretty short doesn't help!
    Drooping boobs is something that is becoming an issue and something I am not looking forward to as I continue to lose weight. My goal gift to myself will be a plastic surgery consult. Being a bigger girl, I've always loved my boobs. If I lose weight and lose then, I'm going to get them re-inflated!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 199.5! I am screaming from Toledo - can you hear me? A little louder??? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    The balloon pic made me LOL! For real. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would never weigh after a shower either. I vote for the water absorbtion theory! I have boobs problems too... I love the picture

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that you should give up on your Oprah dreams and do some stand up comedy for us bandits - you are bloody hilarious - you are getting laughs all the way from Australia.

    Your boob balloon is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOLY SHIT! That guys face and your arrow towards the balloon? My stomach hurts from laughing - you always manage to catch me out of left field (that may have been a tee-ball reference.) Great post, Amy. And that half pound sucks. Maybe its your sense of humor that weighed in at the extra blip on the scale. Just thinking out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LMAO.... I still use Hello Kitty Band-Aids, so they're easy to open. No need for a video there.

    Oh, and they sacrificed playing all of the nominated songs so that they could do the dances to the scores. Actually, a few years ago, people complained because they tried to cut time from the show by cutting out the scores. Apparently there are people who like just the music making stuff.

    Totally lost my Oscar pool, but worth it. Got in trouble with the boys at my website who went crying to dad (my boss) that I criticized their stupid live blogging. What can I say? It was stupid and it lost the interest of the website's population. Bad move, but I get chewed out for publicly calling them out on it.

    Boobs... *sigh* At least you haven't nursed. Mine have already been through triple-dog hell.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sadly, years of weight loss and gain has resulted in water balloon boobies for me, already. LOL. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got some thirsty skin, girlfriend!!! ;) LOL Congrats on getting below 200.. you know you're there, we know you're there.. the camera will prove it soon enough! :D

    Love your random musings :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was thinking the exact same thing about bandaids two days ago... unnecessarily difficult.

    Don't even talk to me about boobs...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I too totally get the boob thing. Everytime I see myself naked these days I'm reminded of the song from 38 special...I want you back where you belong. It's like one day they were high and lifted up and the next I was fighting to keep them out of the waistband of my jeans. I honestly don't know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Amy! my boobies are like Socks with oranges in them...they are discusting.

    ReplyDelete