Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creamy Black Bean Soup

Hi readers! What a beautiful Tuesday morning! I thought I would share my Creamy Black Bean Soup recipe with you guys! I made it last night in my attempt to be kind to Tina. I nearly chopped my thumb off while chopping the onion, but not to worry...I didnt need the tip of it anyways!

I do have to admit that there is one problem with having a blog for over a year (which in lapband dog years is like...7 years). I have a tendency to forget what I have posted. I am pretty sure I posted this recipe before, but I will do it again...because I am a rebel like that!

Here is my hand blender that I received from my mama at Christmas time. I use this sucker ALL.THE.TIME! I use it with my pumpkin soup, tomato soup, this soup, etc. They are super handy for creaming things up!


And here is my recipe for the soup.

1 medium onion, diced (watch your thumbs)
1 clove garlic, diced
1 tbls olive oil
3 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3-4 cups chicken broth
1 can Rotel
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin *
Lime juice

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium/high heat for 4-6 minutes until tender. Add beans, broth, rotel, chili powder. Cover and bring to boil. Remove lid and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Squirt in some lime juice. Puree with hand blender (or regular blender). Serve with cheese, sour cream, blue chips, etc!

* I did not have cumin so I used half a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning (I use it for my taco soup so I figured why not?!)

End product (not a picture of MY soup)


20 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmm! That sounds good on this nasty rainy snowey day I am having here in Alabama! Well, actually anything warm sounds great including SPRING!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for re-posting this! It sounds delish! I hope Tina appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds yummy. will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same Cuisinart cordless blender and LOVE it! I use it all the time, especially since I was on liquids for the last few weeks. Thanks for the yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Sounds so good and perfect for those times when the little band is acting up! I'll have to give it a whirl.

    Also...noticed the weightloss ticker going down (or up however you look at it) :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds AWESOME! I'm definitely giving that one a try...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, I love my stick blender too!!! Also just shot you an email on gmail...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, it has all of my favorite things in it. Black Beans, Lime and Rotel.
    I need that blender. I made your pumpkin soup, went to blend it and my trusty Cuisinart would not work! I'm going shopping now!
    Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Amy - that sounds DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for posting! I will definately be making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always watch repeats when they are good. Thanks for recipe. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK - so this is Hilarious! I cut and pasted your recipe here, and since I have a mac, I often times use the sticky notes program to place little things like this. Guess was was still on a sticky note??? THIS RECIPE THAT YOU POSTED A WHILE AGO! LMAO! I didn't remember that you posted it before, never mind having stuck it on a sticky note! Just a little laugh, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy (again!) Will have to try this.

    I noticed your weight ticker has gone down some too! Congrats. You're doing it. :-)

    --Ali

    ReplyDelete
  14. HEY! My word verification was "PREPIG". I'm thinking I don't care for that much. HA HA.

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  15. *lmao* Ok, ok... if I was doing the best personal info, you'd win hands down. That gave me the biggest chuckle just then - love it!

    I don't have boundaries usually, so it doesn't bother me. That, and my mom sells "back massagers" - she's been doing that for ten years now. *lol* Oh, and I have one that plus in too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy, thanks! I guess I finally need to break down and buy an immersion blender...probably the ONLY kitchen gadget I don't have :)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the soup recipe...DH loves to make soup this time of year!

    OK, I've GOT to know...what 'Pill' helps prevent gallstones (and start taking it sister!).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just made this. It took less than 30 minutes and it is fabulous!! I needed something that goes down easy. REALLY bad week at work and I need a healthy slider.

    ReplyDelete
  19. that sounds good...i wanna try it...have you posted the taco soup recipe? i'd like to try that too!

    ReplyDelete