Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just Do It Already!

Yesterday I was talking to Anna and I said something like "We will start tomorrow..." or "Tomorrow we will get back on track"... and I realized that I DON'T LIKE WHEN I SAY THAT!

How many times have we said that when we are "dieting"? TOMORROW I will work out. TOMORROW I will eat better. Well what is wrong with right now?

So I dug up some of my favorite Nike ads. Well, actually...my favorites are old and clipped at home from magazines...so I will get those for you soon...

But I like these two as well. Seriously. I am going to post them at work so when I am whining and "waiting for tomorrow" to start making better choices, I can look at these and start NOW.

Enjoy my friends!

#1. “All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.”


#2. “Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes.
We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others, when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There’s really no time to be afraid.
So stop. Try something you’ve never tried. Risk it. Enter a triathlon. Write a letter to the editor. Demand a raise. Call winners at the toughest court. Throw away your television. Bicycle across the United States. Try bobsledding. Try anything. Speak out against the designated hitter. Travel to a country where you don’t speak the language. Patent something. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. JUST DO IT.” -Barry Sanders

14 comments:

  1. This was the theme of my life for years. Now I try not to make excuses - new theme! Thanks for this great reminder. I needed to hear it!

    Allison
    http://lovingmycomplicatedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great thoughts....maybe you should give up the oprah quest and work towards replacing tiger woods at nike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the 2nd one!! It's just what I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second quote!

    www.pullingmymaskoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being scared stops us from doing so much - its a great feeling when we break from the self-imposed shell. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my advice to anyone asking for just one piece of weightloss advice. Good job and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post, a nice reminder since I've been saying, "tomorrow" for a few days now. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny when you feel like someone is talking just to you? I really needed to read that....it's like you were reading my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love that song "Tomorrow Tomorrow - the sun will come out tomorrow" - you know - by Annie. Good song - not such a good plan for living life. I'm with you girl - I wrote about being all the NOW today in fact. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've copied and pasted those ads so I can look at them when I need motivation. I could actually use some motivation now so I think I'll look at them again.

    ReplyDelete