Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mission Accomplished and Today I Hate My Ass

Last night I took myself to the treadmill.  And I did it.  4.5mph (which is a 13:20 pace) for 3.5 miles...no stopping.  No deviating.  And it wasn't that bad.  I could have gone farther physically but my brain said "Okay dude.  You did what you said you were going to do.  You are dismissed".

It felt good though.  My knees didn't feel so good.  But it's part of it I suppose.  Running is terrible for your body.  Good for your heart...bad for your joints.  But we try anyways don't we.

I can say that there is not a day that goes by that something isnt sore on me.  Sometimes its that good sore from DOMS, or lifting, or working muscles in a different ways, other days it's achy joints, pulled muscles...you can have your pick.  I would say it's because I was fat for so long, but Heather is sore all the time too...and she hasn't been fat a day in her life.  I could say it's because I am getting older...and hell...there may be some truth to that....but I am only 32....that's not THAT old.  I think it's just from working your body.  It's good for you, but it does make an impact. 

It can't really be an excuse though for NOT working out.  When my neck was stiff and hurt to basically blink, I could still do lower body...so I focused on that.  If you have bad knees, can't do lunges or squats or the such....you can focus on upper body and other lower body moves that don't cause such an impact or strain on your knees.  You can work with what you got and what you can do.

Here is the thing about excuses.

Definition: A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense. 

I could say that when I eat bad it's because I work a weird schedule, or there is always food around, or...I am on my period.  But for me, the truth is....I eat bad because it tastes so damn good and I am addicted to food and like to put it in my mouth. 

I could say that I took a week off exercising around Christmas (bc Heather was off work and hence there were no actual classes) because Heather was off work and hence there were no actual classes...but the truth is...I could have done something...a dvd, a jog....I didn't want to.  I didnt make time to work out because I didn't want too.

I know that there are valid reasons out there for not getting your ass to the gym.   Some of you work 16 hour shifts, and then come home, barely have time to take care of yourself, and have to care for others.  But for the majority of us, we usually find time....even if it's only an hour or two a week...to do things we like.  Watch Grey's Anatomy, watch football, take a nap, read a book, go to the movies, go out to eat.  If we want something bad enough, we find time. 

It's hard to find time when we don't like it.  But usually the time is there. It COULD have been done.

You dig?

Now, on to more important matters...I feel like a bloated cow today.  For no good reasons other than the moth$#fu*&ing scale said 174.  And I KNOW, that weight fluctuates, that when I weigh at 5am it's a little higher...BLAH!  I want it to say YOU ARE SO SKINNY AND BEAUTIFUL.

Oh my God.  I just had an idea.  Someone needs to make a scale that gives us compliments.  Or lies to us.  Like, if we are up a pound from the last weigh in, it will say "No worries hot mama, just water weight".

Wouldn't that be great?

So I feel like my ass is fat.  And it doesnt help I am wearing light grey slacks sans Spanx.  Alas, I am just going to drink more water and pretend I am a super model...and stay away from mirrors.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. YOU REALLY ARE SO SKINNY AND BEAUTIFUL. Most importantly you are someone that many of us look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful and a inspiration to many....just remember that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good points in the first part of the post!

    You should totally invent a scale that does that. THAT'S your million dollar idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just happy that my scale doesn't groan or sigh when I get on it like the Wii Fit. I want to chuck that thing through the TV.

    ReplyDelete