So in my own words, these are some of the things I took away from my podcastathon.
1. Again she talked about vanity pounds. She said if you have 5-15 pounds to lose, those are probably vanity pounds. Your body is healthy, but you want to change it a little more.
2. You cannot spot train to lose in just one area. Heather says this all the time as well. When you lose weight, the way you work out and/or what you do or do not eat will not take away fat "just from your ____ ". You will lose from all over, or wherever your body wants you too. Often people will ask Heather what they can do for their abs. And she tells them "diet". Meaning, a lot of us who work out regularly have good abs and a solid core but we have fat covering them. Bastard fat.
3. If you want to ad bulk (she said she was talking to men for the most part bc women rarely want to add bulk...um...but I was listening) then you need to find out what you 1-rep max is. So if I want to add bulk to my chest, I find what I can press ONCE...the heaviest I can go...and then figure what 85% of that is. Then, I press that weight 3-5 times, for at least 3 sets. Interesting. So yesterday, just for fun, I pressed 50 lb dumbells to see if I could. I could. But it was hard.
4. I have to go back to drinking organic milk. After I watched Food Inc. (if you havent...you should), I was doing good buying organic. But then I kinda strayed away. Well, Jillian says that a normal cow produces 14 gallons of milk, and a cow that is hopped up on steroids and antibiotics (which we drink), produces 100. That ain't natural. Back to organic I go.
5. She talked about letting your body rest and recover. I know I don't do this like I should. I take the weekends off, but I should have a day in between. OR, work upper one day...and lower the next...and so on. Which I am trying to do better at. But without proper rest, your body can't rebuild.
6. Injury is no excuse for not exercising. If you have a bad shoulder, work your lower body. If you have a bad knee, work your upper body.
7. um...I think that's all I can remember.
8. OH, she told me that the HOUR after a workout is the "golden hour" for eating. I had said 30 minutes in my breakfast post yesterday.