Talking about Barbie yesterday spurred other Barbie thoughts. I played with Barbie probably until I was 12. I had this HUGE trunk of my barbie stuff I would haul around to off-site locations (like my grandma's). I feel sorry for my friends that I used to play Barbies with because I would dictate what their Barbies should say to my Barbies. In retrospect it was amazing I had friends back then...bossy I was.
Here are some other lessons I learned via Barbs:
1. Cutting Barbies hair does not result in the desired effect one is trying to reach. After watchin Working Girl sometime in the late 80's, I was inspired by Melanie Griffins haircut in the movie. Remember...she went from this
2. When my mom told me not to use my new hair crimper on Barbie, I should have listened. Turns out Amy learned the hard way that Barbie's hair was plastic. It melted all over my new crimper and I was in TROUBLE!
3. When you are using a hair dryer to blow dry Ken's swimsuit, do not place said blow dryer directly on the fabric of Ken's crotch. Again, it turns out that such direct heat melts Ken's little polyester waders.
4. I also learned that I am lucky a psychologist never saw me playing with my Barbies bc they did "IT" a lot! What can I say. I watched a lot cable as a kid and had an older brother who had lots of dirty magazines.
5. I am thankful everyday that my arms bend more then a 45 degrees.
6. And finally, I learned that when my mom told me to pick up all my Barbie stuff or else she would throw it all in a garbage sack and give it to some little kid that would appreciate it...she meant it!