Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Hair Raising Experience


This was my hair color before. I have been coloring my hair for about 2 years. I have a lot of gray's for a 29 year old! No matter what color I choose...light brown, ash brown, medium brown...my hair takes a redish tint. SO, I found this deal online for a local hairstylist and she is offering a cut and color for $35. Here is the end result.


She put highlights and low lights in and gave me a sideswept bang. I like it. The bangs annoy me sometimes and they dont fit in my ponytail. (As you can see from the 5k pics). It was funny though bc when she was doing my hair she asked me if I had weight loss surgery bc I has "weight loss surgery hair". Dry, damaged, and apparently thinning in some places. I didnt notice I was losing hair. Now I am paranoid. I am thinking about Rogain or Propeesha (I dont know how you spell that). Has anyone else noticed a difference in their hair? She told me not to worry that it would grow back even healthier. I think she was slightly nuts and hopped up on NO-Doze, but still...one must wonder....

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Amy, I too am losing hair. It happens after major surgery and a big weight loss of which we have both experienced. Luckily, I have quite a bit of hair, so it's not toooooo bad. Eventually it will stop or all banded people would be walking around bald. I have seen the before and after page, and I don't see any bald ladies in the pics!!!!!So... I think we're good.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost so much hair but I cna't really tell because It's so thick. I can only tell because I pull out chunks of my hair each morning. hahahaha If you want something that helps try nioxin. you want to get the 3 piece set and it really does work. My mom uses it not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thanks Sarah and Cindy. Cindy-good point about no baldies on LBT! Perhaps everyone is wearing a wig? THat must be it. Sarah...really? I thought we wouldnt lose so much (compared to gastric bypass) bc we are getting are nutrients. Bummer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no noticible hair loss from me.....yet
    love your new do! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your hair looks lovely :) hair loss or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair. It is beautiful and so is your face! Wow! Weight loss is making even your skin great. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that it's a side effect from the surgery/anesthetic. I've actually got a ton of hair and my friend Mallory (the best hippie Earth Mama hairdresser on the planet) dyed me Isla Fisher red before my surgery. I love to play with my hair and I've always been able to trust her (her mom got the Band about 8 years ago, so she knows "Band Hair" too) so if it gets wonky, I'll be in good hands. I'll be honest, you're pretty no matter what, but *bites finger* I like the darker color better on you because it sets off your eyes so well.

    ReplyDelete