Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Story Time. Come Sit on My Lap(band)

Mama has something to share... 

But first.  Last week was our annual volleyball tournament here at work.  I am no skilled vball player, I just like to grunt and dive.  And every year I have played.  I opened up my email today and saw this years picture...and I couldn't find me at first.  Do you know why?  Because I was still looking for this girl from a few years ago.
However, I am no longer that girl.  I am this girl.
Huh...how crazy that I swear....I really wasn't looking for that girl.

Moving right along. 


Heather had her pictures taken with her siblings on her mother's side for mother's day.  And I am biased of course because she is my girlfriend, but I think she is the most beautiful person in the world.  And her siblings aren't bad either.  However...I am jealous of the pictures damnit!  I WANT PROFESSIONAL PICTURES TAKEN TOO!!! 

I AM A MODEL (um...in my own mind).  And never in my entire picture loving life have I had real ones taken.  And my senior pictures don't count.  Lord...I should dig some of those up for you.  Whoever thought a neon lime-green polyester button down collared shirt was a good idea...I don't know!

So I made up my mind that I would tie my pictures that have yet to be taken, to me meeting a goal weight.  For sure not because I think one must wait to have pictures taken, but I need some motivation and what better than vanity forever frozen in the form of a digital montage of ME?!  So.  When I see 155 on the scale (damn...I really want those pictures...maybe a solid 160?)...I am getting some taken.

Then end.  Which brings me to my opening sentence....

You know how a typical amy-cycle is good eating for a couple of weeks, "looser eating" for a couple, and back and forth?  Well, I have been on a diet monitoring hiatus for about a month now.  Really since the competition here at work ended.  And my 168 that I hold pretty well is now around 171 and it's time to crack down again.

Speaking of crack...hmmm...that could aid weight loss.

NO!  I don't need that.  But just being present and mindful.  You know...being a good girl.  So let the upside of the cycle begin.  I will keep you posted on that. 

hmmm...what else?

I have several other topics to cover....but as this is getting long winded...I shall save them for another post.

Happy Tuesday!

ooooh ooooh...I forgot to tell you I have bronchitis and a sinus infection!  Awesome! 

Kisses (through a mask for your protection of course)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome idea...I have been toying with the idea of doing professional "pin-up" photos of me..you know...the kinda retro/sexy kind? hmmm...something to ponder indeed. Anyways, I am cheering you on so you can get to your new goal. Can't wait to see those pics.

    PS: Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Amy. I don't think I had seen your before picture(s) before and holy moly. The difference is amazing. You are a gorgeous girl, chica!

    I love Heather's family pictures and wish I could get my family to do something like that. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - you just have no idea (well, you will soon, because I'm about to tell you) how much of an inspiration you are to me. I enjoy reading your blog so much. I love that you have clearly lived life to the fullest at any size. That means a lot to me because it's what I try to do, as well (not always successfully, haha). Anyway - love the before and after volleyball pictures and not recognizing yourself. In both, you look very happy! You and Heather are such beautiful women - and I'm with you on getting the prof pictures taken, this is a plan of my own, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing the photos... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you start feeling better soon! and I love your idea of professional pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete