Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jillian Michaels and Blogger

As a few others have mentioned, I can't comment on most people's posts!  And I have had some really funny things to say lately damnit!  So I need someone who knows more than me to figure out what is up! 

Also, I think that I lost 26 followers overnight.  I could have sworn that I had 780 and now I have 754.  And I didn't even post anything controversial or particularly nasty.  It's gotta be a fluke right?  What if there is a movement to de-follow me?  Oh my God.  Is it because I said on Facebook last night that I can't wait until Color Me Bad comes out with a greatest hits album?  It is...isn't it.

How many of you follow Jillian Michaels on Facebook.  I love her.  And if it is really her and not an assistant that does her status updates, she is fun to follow.  Of course there are the health and motivation updates which are actually really good, but there are personal updates as well which makes me feel like her bff.  If only should we call me.  Sigh. 

Anywhoodle, she also does Podcasts.  I have never downloaded a podcast before, but for our roadtrip to the mountains, I downloaded one of her recent ones on plateaus.  You have to go find it if you have itunes.  It's free and it was super interesting.  In a nutshell, she believes plateaus are bullhonkey.  At first I was a little defensive in my brain...bc we love to talk about our plateaus.  And then she started talking about calories in and calories out, which at times I don't believe.  But she made sense (forgive me Jillian for doubting you).  She basically said if you plateau you are most likely doing something wrong.  She said that in fact, you could be stuck on the scale because you are EATING TOO LITTLE.  We have discussed this all over blogworld before...how it seems like if we up our calories a little, we actually move on the scale in the right direction.  What she really focused on was calorie deficit.  If your calorie deficit, (based on your BMR, what  you are eating, and the calories you burn exercising), is too HIGH then your body won't want to lose.  Of course on the other end, you could actually be eating too much and your calorie deficit could be too little.  She said a calorie deficit of 700 is usually ideal.

It was interesting stuff.

She also talked about vanity pounds.  I will use me as an example:

When I was 327 pounds, my body knew it was overweight.  Changes to my diet and then exercise got my body all excited.  It was ready to lose weight.  It responded.  Well, once you get to a weight that is close to your ideal body weight, your body doesn't know that you want to lose 10-20 more pounds so your ass LOOKS better, or your love handles are a little more lovely.  You are going to have to work even harder to lose the pounds for vanity because your body is in a healthy and complacent state already.

K.  Love you's.  And if you find my 26 lost followers...tell them to come back to the fold.  I miss them already.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks, I will have to start downloading those podcasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is really messin' up lately. Boo. I will definitely have to start looking into those podcasts for some inspiration. I am sure they are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Blogger has been being a pain in the patoot lately! I don't follow Jullian, but I do have this love/loothe relationship with her. Outside of the BL she seems so personable and nice, but when I watch the show, I could just use my taser on her. I couldn't whoop her cause she would probably beat me to a pulp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy, I have given you an award on my blog and I am not sure if I told you already or not but please stop by when you have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...I'm going to have to listen to Jillian's podcasts now. Maybe I will download one for my morning walks. I get frustrated with the whole calories in vs. calories out. I should be losing faster if you go by the math. Stupid bodies, stupid calories.

    I found on some blogs you can post if you use the Name/URL option which is what I'm doing now. Can't on every blog but that must be how they limit their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having problems commenting too! :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been having problems commenting too! :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded all of Jillian's podcasts a few weeks ago and now I wait eagerly for each new one. There's a great episode where Bob was her guest -- awesomeness!

    As far as Blogger commenting issues, it has been mentioned that Firefox may not be having the same problem as IE and Chrome. I don't know if it's universal, but I'm on Firefox and have been okay during the comment outage (except no one is commenting on my blog, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're back up to 757 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting about Jillian! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK...don't hate me but I can't stand Jillian Michaels. I just don't respond to the whole "tough love" thing and some of the things she's said about contestants on the biggest loser just really turned me off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawnya figured out how to comment. Sign in but unclick the "stay signed in" box and then you can comment! Weird huh? It totally works though - as evidenced by this comment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know about the podcasts but I am going to check them out. I love Jillian and didn't even know she was on Facebook. Guess I will check that out too. Looks like your missing followers are back. Must have been a blogger glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation;
    we have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap methods
    with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.



    my web blog - cruise vacation
    Also see my webpage > michael kors perfumes

    ReplyDelete