It's HumpDay! We are half-way through the work week. I am thankful for that. As I was reading a post on LBT talk today about things people are going to look forward to once they lose weight, I was reminded of how lucky I am in regards to my weight "issues". Believe me, I have quite a few, but there are several that have plagued many that have not been huge for me. So...
I am thankful that:
- I was raised in the water, on a boat, at the lake, etc. I was always in a swimsuit, and I think that is why I have never been so embarrassed about my body in a swimsuit that I cover it up or avoid it all together. One of the most wonderful things my parents gave me was my love of the water. Many of my favorite memories revolve around being in a swimsuit. And I am still making them.
- I have always been active. I am lazy. Dont get my wrong. LOVE the couch and the tv. But, I always have danced. I went through pretty substantial bouts of working out. I swim. And I have always worked on keeping my flexibility up that I worked so hard for during my years of structured dancing.
- That I never let me weight make me a wallflower. I was never going to be the fatgirl in the corner hiding. I was always the fat girl on the stage making others laugh. Disclaimer: I think both are extremes. And I could probably spend a good amount of therapy dealing with this issue.
- That I have never been camera shy. When people say they don't have pictures of themselves bc they always hid from the camera. That makes me sad. Sad bc big girls are beautiful too. And sad bc I think pictures are a wonderful way to document your life.
- I am thankful that I am in RELATIVELY good health for a morbidly obese person. Would that be an oxy moron? Healthy obese. What I mean, is that I was right on the line of things getting bad. My blood pressure was still good, my cholesterol was fine, no sleep apnea, no diabetes, etc. And now...hopeful it will just get better.
And that's all. I have tons of things that I am thankful for, but I wanted to keep it weight related. For now anyways :)