Thursday, January 24, 2019

Bullshit and Some Truth

FRANDSSSSS!  (please note I DO know how to spell friends...and drinks...but am currently on a kick of spelling them and saying them like FRANDS and DRANKS).

As always, I have been blogging to y'all in my head.  I just feel like the days of blogging have drifted away...and now everyone wants a brief Facebook post (although Lord knows mine are rarely brief)...or a video...or something other than Amy rambling using just her...words.  BUT...I have been having a think about things lately and was gonna hunker down and journal my thoughts...in hopes of making some sort of sense out of them...but instead of doing that processing in private like most human beings with sense...I thought...let just put it out here for the world to read.

So let us being.

As most of you know if you follow me on the social media, I am having a love affair with Crossfit.  I found a box (read: gym) that I love, with people that I love, doing the things that I love.  I am getting stronger and dats.my.jam.

Still loving my house.  Still house poor.  Although I can't blame the #lakehouse for ALL my poorness...as I have a shopping, eating, and drinking, habit.  But we are all works in progress aren't we?

Still loving my crazy circle of friends.  It grows a little each month it seems.  Which although leads me to  over committing sometimes, also has made me a better person (WHAT?  IS THAT POSSIBLE YOU ASK?  Yes.  I need all the help I can get).

I am busy most nights and weekends.  Again...my own doing.  It IS really exciting though when I get to come home to just the fur children and have no humans I need to talk to, entertain, feed, clean up after, shower and be mildly appropriate for.  But it's not long for I seek out my crazy people to fill me back up.

I've been reading a lot  more.  Gots me a kindle for my birthday thanks to Travis and his boo thang Dalton.  Thought I would hate not having a "real" book in my hands, but that damn thing just fits in my purse and I always have it with me.  I actually made it through a couple of "self help books" that I loved.  Girl Wash Your Face was quick and a nice little read.  Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes...LOVED IT.  Shonda and I MAY have been separated at birth. And then dis one..
For realz.  The Power of Habit may have changed my life.  It's a BIT too early to say that yet...but I really liked it.  So far, everyone I have recommended it to has NOT enjoyed it...but I sho did. 

I've gotten a bit fat.  Not fat.  Fattish.  Lax in the ways of my nutrition if you will.  But I am making some healthy changes and feel like I will be fitting into MOST of my pants soon...soonish.  

So there you have the "bullshit" part of this post.  We shall call that the highlight reel.  The feel goodish CliffsNotes of Amy's life.  

Now let's talk about the truth.

I may be more fucked up than I thought I was.  

Am.  

Would be at this point in this "journey". Let's put "journey" in quotation marks to indicate that "journey" is what all the inspirational quotes and prose on the Pinterest like to call LIFE.

Therapist dropped Blue Cross Blue Shield last year and I thought I could continue on my own, but now I am not so sure bc I may be back sliding or going crazy...but I don't wanna find another therapist.  I want Therapist.  I loved her.  She got me.  Finding a new therapist is hard work man (I hope you read all of that in a whiny, I am throwing a tantrum voice).

But here is the deal.  I am nearly 2 years out from the split.  Over a year out from contact with Voldemort.  And I DO cry wayyyyyyy less.  I AM enjoying my life...enjoying-ish.  I can now look back and see things that weren't "right" or probably aren't present in a "healthy" relationship.  BUT...

I full on believe LOVE is bullshit.  I full on NEVER want to put myself in a situation where I am attached to someone...where I have real feelings for someone.  I never want to "find love again".  

Fuck
That
Noise

I don't want to work on my trust issues.  WHY?  So I can be torn apart again?
I don't ever want to really like someone and they really like me in return.  WHY?  So years into it they can rip off their mask and destroy me?
I don't want to date someone nice and kind.  I don't trust it.  

It's
Not
Real

Like it's gotten real bad folks.

When someone announces their engagement or posts pictures of their wedding on facebook...I am like ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.  ONE OF YOU IS GONNA SHIT ON THE OTHER.

(I DO apologize if YOU have recently posted your engagement or wedding pics).

But there is no hope in my heart. 

People are assholes.  Selfish assholes.  Miriam recently asked me, as I was giving her this same spiel..."are you a selfish asshole?"

YES.  I think I might be!

Inspirational post on the social:  Allow yourself to feel. Allow yourself to love again.

THE HELL I WILL.

(I told you...it's bad).

And because I do not want to feel.  Because I don't want connection. I find myself self-fulfilling  this prophecy.  

I push people away.  I make BAD choices when it comes to people or my activities just so I make sure that it ends or never begins...or so I can prove that yes...I am an asshole as well.

Inspirational post: Let go of the past. You can't move forward looking backwards.

Oh I don't want to let go of the past.  I never want to forget how naive I was.  I never want to be that person that believes people are good.  I never want to wish on a star for love.  no. no. nonononononoooo.

Inspirational quote:  Time heals everything.

I don't think so. At the risk of sounding SUPER dramatic...I don't think I will ever heal.  I think I am too broken. 

SO, I will continue to fill my life with things I DO believe in.  Lifting heavy things, tacos and queso, friends and family, fur babies...I'll patch some of the holes with those things.

Alright.  Well I feel worse now?  You?

GREAT...mission accomplished.

hugs and kisses friends, family, and random readers. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Not everyone is like H. In fact, MOST people aren’t like her. She wore her narcissism loud and proud, Not to make you feel bad, but most people could see that about her a thousand miles away. You had your love-goggles on, so you couldn’t. Oh well, live and learn. We ALL have an ex that was riddled in red flags that everyone but us saw. It happens to literally everyone at least once. Forgive yourself and move on. Next time you’re bound to go into it with your eyes more open. You’ve also (I suspect) found your voice to call someone out on their BS early on. It won’t be the same. Not to say that your next relationship will for sure be your “forever” one, but you’ll take from it what you need to, when you need it. No one knows what tomorrow will bring but you don’t want to miss out on something wonderful just because one person was a dick. We’re all rooting for you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, missing your updates, be great to hear how you are doing, I've been following you for years. Finally updated my own blog, be good to keep in touch
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Percetakan Jasa Fotocopy Murah Cetak Buku Murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    Jasa Fotocopy Murah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog !
    QuickBooks Error 102 is a banking issue that may occur when there are some technical issues in the website. call us and get quick and the best service for QuickBooks issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice information here. Going to bookmark it!
    Thank you for your refreshing article. It was a pleasure reading it. Look forward to more articles from you!
    I just added this web page to my bookmarks. I really like reading your posts. Thank you!
    Soft Trending

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am here to share out my testimony on how i got back my husband, i am a lady with 2 kids i am from Indian, my husband left me and his kids for about 12 months i go through a lot of pain i do all i could to make him returned to me and to his kids but nothing works out. It was really a stressful period for me because I could not go through the heartbreak. I was told to get a love spell doctor to help me out, which I did. I was lucky to get DR.COROBO Contact who was able to help me out, it cast a love spell that brought my husband back to me and to his kids. Thanks so much DR. COROBO I really appreciate what you have done for me. Here is his contact if you may require it by solving your relationship email. dr.corobospellhome@gmail.com call whatsapp +2348101571054 bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith Malaterre
    When I open your RSS feed it just gives me a whole lot of strange characters, is the malfunction on my reader?
    Hai bisogno di scaricare musica gratis?! Visita questo sito web. Cerchi musica gratis su internet?
    Thank you for blogging this, it was quite helpful and told a ton
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really rare to discover a professional in whom you will surely have some trust. In the world in the present day, nobody truly cares about showing others the solution in this subjecttopic. How fortuitous I am to have actually found a wonderful web site as this. It is really people like you exactly who make a genuine How did you make this blog look this cool. Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. Id be thankful.
    manzarek master freda gantner mackrell lalumia leader surrealistic saury

    Brother Ink Cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey nice blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. Im currently using Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?
    600 high authority UK directory submission and 400 search engine submission

    ReplyDelete
  11. help´s me a lot. I did a look for on the matter and observed a good amount of blogs but absolutely nothing like this.Thanks for sharing so a lot inside your blog.
    F*ckin' remarkable things here. I am very glad to see your post. Thanks a lot and im looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  12. r centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
    No one is as angry as the person who is wrong.
    Asshopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  13. is into The morning time, a warm or hot environment my breakfast replacement? Thank end users
    I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
    ImSarah Berger

    ReplyDelete
  14. For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
    To the point and written well, thanks much for the info
    sodium hypochlorite amazon
    china air purifier
    korean air purifier brands

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm having a little problem I cant seem to be able to subscribe your rss feed, I'm using google reader fyi.
    I just added this web site to my favorites. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks!
    I have been meaning to post about something like this on my site and you have given me an idea. Thanks.
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey girlfriend, you still hanging out here? Or did you move to FB. Let me know atwoodka@comcast.net Karen Atwood

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Day!
    I am extremely grateful to you for the most useful stuff.
    Thank you for such a wonderful contribution to aware people most of the latest updates.
    Have a nice day!

    My Recommendations for best Auctions Online Shopping:

    Bidvaluable Auction

    auctioneer bidvaluable

    Women's Jewellery & Fashion jewellery Online Australia

    ReplyDelete