Friday, August 28, 2015

Down 9 Pounds...Holding Until Monday

My first DietBet challenge has come to an end.  The goal was to lose 4% of my body weight in 4 weeks.  Mission accomplished.  I lost 9 pounds...so about .5 more pounds than I needed to lose.  But, it came down to the wire and required running about 3 miles in the Florida humidity on the day of weigh-in to make that happen.  Oh, and 7 days straight of just cardio prior to that.  WHICH, included a workout at the gym in a long-sleeved tshirt.  I have no idea how people do it.  It's not uncommon for Heather to workout in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  But after just 13 minutes on the ARC, I WAS ON FIRE!

And I still had 47 more minutes to go.  I was looking around in panic thinking: I'm not going to make it.  I am burning up.  It's hotter than 1000 hells under this shirt.  Someone help me.  Can I take my shirt off and not get kicked out of Planet Fitness?

I made it.  But just barely.

That shit is no joke.

So here is my before and my after.  Heather could have told me to flip my bangs back in the after.

So, to keep myself motivated, I started another DietBet challenge for August 31st.  Same rules, same $35.  I figure if I am going to try and keep losing, I might as well make some money for doing it.  If you want to play or read about the challenge, the "team" name is Lovehandle Losers.  Or you can click here.

To celebrate my victory, my Rachel came over for some adult coloring book time and WINE.  It was wonderful.  I bought the coloring books from Amazon and had an assortment of coloring vehicles, such as crayons, pencils, and markers.  We colored and chatted and drank for almost 3 hours and didn't even finish one sheet!





And finally, we added some workout stuff to our garage last summer, and I have completed our home gym with three mirrors from Target.  I often go to Planet Fitness while Heather works out at home...one because I workout harder at the gym bc people are watching and I want to be impressive, and 2...I really like looking at myself when I am lifting (except when I am doing overhead tricep extension and my batwings are flying around willy nilly).  So now that I have mirrors at home, I can workout with more intention...

which usually involves twerking or other butt moves.

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the 9 lbs!!! And it's amazing the difference those lbs can make. You can already see more definition and what not. Good luck on your next challenge.

    I've been thinking about getting one of those coloring books from Amazon. I love the idea of pairing it with some snacks and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your success in diet bet and in losing weight! Keep it up! Cheers for a healthier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, 9 pounds gone forever! I can't recommend heat stroke while doing cardio, just saying. (That's the doctor in me talking)
    Keep up the good work.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to sign up for challenge. I didn't last time because I was afraid I'd lose my money since I was going on vacation during the timeframe. I should have joined cause I lost weight. Silly me. Weight loss is slowing down since I weigh less so looking forward to joining the challenge for motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your suggestions on what to eat before workouts. A lot of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deff... can tell the difference. but you always look great. So my grand daughter and i love having coloring dates... She is 8 and a Master color (no, really she is) So i bought her a "regular" color book and me one like you have..... Ohhhh Holy Hell.... Lets just say, she is now the owner of said "adult" color book....

    ReplyDelete